Is your heating and cooling system starting to show its age? Do you find yourself wondering how much longer it will last? HVAC systems don’t last forever and there are clear signals that let you know it may be time to start discussing replacement. If you notice any of the following, call the trusted HVAC professionals at Ben’s ProServ:
- Strange noises – If you hear noises from your heating and cooling system, there may be major issues. New noises or an increase in the quantity of noise from your system can be caused by vibrations, loose parts, a worn-out motor, and other factors.
- Your energy bill is more expensive – Has your electric or gas bill been increasing month after month? Are your bills greater this year than they were last year without notable increase in usage? These are both indicators that your HVAC system needs attention. Systems that are more than eight years old are much less energy efficient than newer systems.
- A harsh odor – Are there unusual or unpleasant odors emanating from your HVAC system or vents? Mold and mildew growth due to excess moisture inside the unit, as well as refrigerant leaks, can all contribute to odors. You will want to address this immediately to avoid potential health issues in addition to system issues.
- Circuit breaker has tripped – If your HVAC system is tripping the breaker often it’s a sign of wear. A minor repair might help for the moment, but it likely won’t last. and your entire system will need to be replaced sooner or later.
- Repairs on a regular basis – A large number of repairs in a short period of time, even minor ones, is a sure sign that your system is worn out.
- Upgrading to a new heating and cooling system can save you money in the long run.
The cost of a new HVAC system may appear to be prohibitive. However, after the initial investment, the increased efficiency will save you money every month, especially if your current system is more than eight years old.
At Ben’s ProServ, our licensed HVAC team has the experience and skills to assess your current system and advise you on whether it should be repaired or placed. To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 856-347-3588 or visit BensProServ.com.